Day 7: May 15

  Monday May 15, 2023

10:30 am PST (tuesday)


Yesterday, I drove to Fremont again to help one of the women my mentor works with with a few things. When I got there, I played with these two feral kittens for a couple of hours, in order to socialize them and get them used to people so they will progress and be ready for adoption faster. I then fed them and tried to put a harness on one of them, which didn’t really work out too well so I put that aside for another time. A few hours later, I drove to San Jose to pick up three kittens from the vet who had gotten fixed, but they weren’t ready to be picked up yet. At that point, I was kind of annoyed because the drive from Fremont to San Jose during rush hour took a lot of time, mostly spent sitting in traffic, and I would have to go back almost as soon as I got back to Fremont. So, instead, I drove back to Fremont, which took an hour, and then I was sent to Newark to pick up a cat that needed to be fixed. I took that cat back all the way to Fremont again and then left yet again for the vet in San Jose. At this point it was 6:30 or so when I got the cat, so it took me around an hour and a half to travel 20 miles. A lot of my day was spent in traffic, but I also got a lot done, which was nice. After getting back to Fremont, we waited for one of the kitten's owners to come by and pick up the kitten, and I then helped set up the other two for recovery. Two of the kittens were girls, so the surgery was more substantial and had a longer recovery time. I had a long day, but I felt very productive which was nice. 


Hours: 9
Total hours: 40

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Reflection #1

Second Day: Tuesday May 9