Day 6: May 13

 Saturday May 13, 2023

3:30 pm PST






This morning I went to a local pet shop in Palo Alto to help at an adoption fair for a few kittens. When I got there, I set up for the customers and then I stayed throughout the entire time to answer any questions and assist my mentor with the kittens. In the first set of kittens, there were two boys, and the second was two girls, in addition to a 9-month-old cat. The last set of kittens was another pair of two boys, who were black and white. Because of the length of the fair, I ended up playing with the kittens a lot of the time, which was fun for a while but there wasn’t a lot going on. It was not that busy so it was a lot of waiting and feeding the kittens and talking to the prospective families. At the end, it was pretty dead and not a lot of people were there anymore so we started to take everything down/clean up. I really enjoyed meeting new people and learning how the fair was put together and structured. 


Hours: 5

Total hours: 31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Reflection #1

Day 7: May 15

Second Day: Tuesday May 9