Monday, May 8 - First Day

6:15 pm PST

5/8/2023

The first day of senior project was not super busy and was more of an online day for me, where I was doing research on different topics I will need to master for the weeks to come. First, I watched a webinar that taught the public how to react, care for, and approach abandoned kittens. I also learned a lot about the behind the scenes management of a nonprofit organization for kittens called Pink Paws for the Cause in a separate webinar. For example, the webinar taught me how to efficiently gain substantial funding from local communities, communicating the needs of public health, research on legal issues/ordinances, recruiting and organizing volunteers, and the strategy of the medical side of caring for abandoned kittens. I also worked with my mentor today on social media promotion, and gained moderator access to the nonprofits Facebook account and gathered intel from there so I am able to post and promote adoption opportunities in the weeks to come. Overall it was a successful day, but I am looking forward to the in-person activities I have planned for tomorrow. 


Hours: 3

Total hours: 3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Reflection #1

Day 7: May 15

Second Day: Tuesday May 9